Is there anything better than a warm blueberry muffin in the morning? Well maybe banana nut or pumpkin spice, depending on the season, but more on those in upcoming posts.
My husband has been super happy with my pregnancy, because all I want is comfort baked goods. I think baby boy has inherited his dad’s sweet tooth, because if you know me you know I’m more of a savory person instead of sweets obsessed. Someday soon I will have some non-baking recipes, but today I am going to add my recipe for blueberry muffins. These are perfect warmed in the morning with just a little butter. Enjoy these grain-free sugar-free muffins ASAP.
- 1 1/2 c. fine ground blanched almond flour
- 1/2 c. coconut flour
- 1/2 c. granular erythritol
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 4 eggs
- 4 tbsp. heavy whipping cream
- 1 stick unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 c. fresh blueberries
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 12 muffins
- Preheat over to 355F
- Combine dry ingredients in large bowl. Add melted butter and mix well with wooden spoon.
- Add heavy cream and mix
- Add eggs one at a time until incorporated. Batter should be creamy but not runny.
- Fold in blueberries and be careful not to over mix thereby breaking the blueberries.
- Line muffin pan with silicone or paper cups.
- Use a spoon to fill each cup to the top, while trying to evenly distribute blueberries.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Toothpick should come out fairly clean when done.
- Muffins can be stored in the fridge for up to one week.
Nutrition: 167 calories, 14g fat, 3 net carbs